Monday, October 10, 2011

Dismal Failure

As expeditions go I'm starting to wonder if this one is a failure.
We traveled through the Dismal Swamp and found nothing particularly dismal.
No Rodents of Unusual Size. Even the vultures, sorry buzzards, looked anything but dismal.
Then on to the Alligator River. As you might imagine, we were in search of alligators. Found none!
Several rounds of Denis Lee's "Alligator Pie" were sung while sailing along.
Of course the most terrific version went something like,
"Alligator soup, alligator soup, if I don't get some I think I'm going to poop!
Alligator tart, alligator tart, if I don't get some I think I'm going to fart!"
While both these stanzas were sung at the tops of 7 and 9 year old lungs I believe it was the Mommy on the trip who created the monster by introducing these lyrics in the first place.

Here are some of the pictures of the last few days.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment